Wednesday 4 September 2013

Procrastinating gym bunny

Good evening  blogger-readers!

I've been blogging for a whole week now and I'm wondering how many people are reading this.  Yes I know we get stats but I many of these seem to be taken up with disreputable referral sites such as the very tedious vampirestats.  Yawn!  Give me a break!  So if you are genuine please stop by and say "Hi" - it would be good to hear from you.

Yesterday I was feeling out of sorts because I had had my coil change so I'm pleased to report that I'm feeling a bit better today although I have to say that my enthusiasm for exercise seems to have passed me by.  I've excused myself from running on the basis that it may cause the coil to drop out!  Eeek!  Imagine that, when you're trying to look cool whilst trotting past a hoard of hormonal youths! NO - not a good look!

After enough procrastination that would be enough to make my ex proud (Mr lastminute.com) I eventually decided that the gym was the best option as I could hop off the treadmill if things started to feel a bit dodgy. 

Having the concentration span of a bowl of pea green soup I tend to spend about 5 minutes on each exercise machine rather than devote a whole hour to one sort.  I once managed an hour and a half on a treadmill and I can honestly say its one of the most boring things I have ever done!  What on earth possessed me?  Training for a half marathon I think and as I recall there was snow and ice on the ground outside.  Never again though.

So today it was 5 mins on the exercise bike, 5 minutes on the cross trainer, 5 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the rower - at which point I was sitting next to a very tasty specimen of young man :-D.  That inspired me!  Trying to be impressive enough to be noticed!  As if! - my beetroot red face was the only thing that was going to get noticed this evening.  But hey - listen up!  Today (for 30 secs only) I managed to go 15km/hr on the treadmill - go me!  Go me!  Now if I can keep that up for about 2 hours perhaps Miss Radcliffe will have cause to be concerned! 

I bet she's trembling in her trainers right now!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment